The Greek EURAXESS Portal at the University of Ioannina provides information and support to Greek and foreign researchers who wish to carry out research in Europe on all kinds of mobility issues.
The UoI portal covers the Region of Epirus and the Ionian Islands and provides support to:
- Foreign researchers who are working in these two Regions for a certain amount of time;
- Greek researchers who are working for an educational or research institution or corporation in either of these Regions and wish to work in another EU member state.
In particular, the Portal’s main purposes are to:
- Inform and support researchers and their families on mobility-related issues;
- Support researchers and their families on legal and administrative issues;
- Forward any other questions/issues researchers may have to the relevant local/national/European agencies;
- Regular communication with the Network Coordinator (EKETA Thessaloniki) and through that, with local and national institutions, and the European Commission, for provision of specific knowledge and support on mobility issues;
- Inform the European Commission on issues that may arise with researchers on a regular basis;
- Contact local and national authorities to resolve any problems that researchers may encounter at local and/or national level;
- Publish research vacancies in education and research institutions in the Regions of Epirus and the Ionian Islands on the EURAXESS Jobs portal;
- Implement the European Partnership for Researchers (EPR);
- Enforce implementation of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers with the above Regions. Please note that under Senate session no. 949/15.04.2010, our University has approved the adoption of principles of the Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers;
- Collect good/bad practices for the implementation of the Scientific Visa Package.
A researcher is defined as a person who is carrying out research in either an educational or research organization or a private company (e.g. postgraduate students, PhD students, department members of educational institutions, R&D executives, etc.).